In support of the Deed of Trust of Gorey Community school the aims of Gorey Community School are:
1. To provide a comprehensive system of post-primary education open to all the community.
2. To deliver a broad, balanced curriculum in a structured positive learning environment.
3. To assist students to reach their potential in all aspects of school life practical, academic, creative, social, cultural, spiritual, moral and physical.
4. To provide the students with life skills which will prepare them for their adult/working lives.
5. To develop and implement a programme of pastoral care.
6. To promote equity, equality and justice throughout the school.
7. To encourage a positive self-concept and self-concept and sensitivity to the needs of others in all students.
8. To foster partnership and a working relationship with parents, teachers, students and others in the community.
9. To offer a comprehensive programme of adult education.
10. To nurture and promote a progressive work ethic in all dimensions of the curriculum.
11. To promote qualities which are character enhancing e.g. honesty, appreciation, respect, integrity, courtesy, responsibility, self discipline, ambition.
12. To support and enhance the professional and personal development of the teaching staff both individually and collectively.
13. To support the right of teachers to teach and students to be taught without disruption in a stress free classroom environment.
14. To recognise and nurture the primary educational role of Parent/Guardian.
15. To recognise and develop the role played by the clerical, maintenance and community employment staff in the life of Gorey Community School.
Deed of Trust of Community Schools
The school shall be established with the object of providing a comprehensive system of post primary Education open to all children of the community, combining introduction in academic and practical subjects, ongoing education and generally for the purpose of contributing towards the spiritual, moral, mental, physical well being and development of the said community.
1. To help students reach their potential in all aspects of school life practical, academic, creative, social, cultural and sporting.
2. To deliver a broad, balanced curriculum in a structured learning environment.
3. To promote equity and justice in a caring and disciplined school.
4. To develop in each student a sense of personal worth and a sensitivity to the needs of others.
5. To prepare students for adult life.
6. To foster a partnership between parents, teachers and students.
7. To deliver a comprehensive programme of adult education.pil of Gorey CBS, depicts the amalgamation of the 3 schools in the triangle. The curving lines represent change, while the red triangle at the apex symbolises the striving for excellence.
GCS Mission Statement
Gorey Community School
At the forefront of education in North Wexford since 1993
Gorey Community School