Live Support

Gorey Community School was established in 1993, following the amalgamation of the Loreto, Vocational and CBS schools.
It now has a student population of almost 1500 and a teaching staff of more than 100.

The school occupies a large site which comprises playing fields, basketball courts, and tennis courts. In 2000 a new extension was opened. There are now over 80 classrooms including numerous specialist rooms and a large gymnasium.

GCS is managed by a Board of Management, which includes 6 representatives from the trustees ( the V.E.C., the Loreto order and the C.B.S), 2 teachers representatives and 2 parents representatives)

Our logo, designed by Fergal Keane a pupil of Gorey CBS, depicts the amalgamation of the 3 schools in the triangle. The curving lines represent change, while the red triangle at the apex symbolises the striving for excellence.
Background and History
Gorey Community School
At the forefront of education in North Wexford since 1993
Gorey Community School